Join the Communiversity at Queen Creek and the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (SCNM) for a 3-week natural health and wellness course in Mediterranean diet.
- Day/time: Thursdays from 12:00 -1:30 p.m. (beginning Thursday Feb 5th – Feb 19th)
- Location: Community Room at Queen Creek Communiversity, 21740 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142
- Fee: $69 (includes book and lunch on the first day of class)
Taught by Dr. Paul Mittman, ND, SCNM President and CEO, this class is based on the now famous findings of a Spanish study published in The New England Journal of Medicine involving more than 7,000 people at high risk of having heart attacks and strokes.
Among persons at high cardiovascular risk, a Mediterranean diet supplemented with extra-virgin olive oil or nuts significantly reduced the incidence of major cardiovascular events. The Mediterranean diet is rich in fish, grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables and is low in dairy products, red meat and processed food consumption. Learn the basics of this healthy diet and significantly improve your health!
Click here to REGISTER TODAY!
During the Mediterranean Diet 3-Week Course, you will:
- Attend weekly 90 minute classes on eating a Mediterranean diet
- Learn successful dining out and shopping strategies
- Discover important research on the relationship of diet and disease
- Gain insight on how to replace addictive food habits with those that promote health
- Learn how to plan delicious and healthy menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- After the first week, enjoy a weekly potluck where everyone shares recipes.
For additional information on this course, please visit SCNM on the web.