While the event is designed specifically to help young people who are not currently employed or in school and who have had difficulty finding jobs and educational opportunities, Starbucks is inviting all Maricopa Community Colleges students to take advantage of the workshops, services and interviewing opportunities available during the free community event.
- Meet and interview with more than 20 companies
- Practice interview skills with one-on-one coaching
- Create or improve resume with personalized support
- Get resources to complete high school degree and explore college
- Get help with job applications
- Attend workshops on how to set career goals
- Tap into legal resources and immigration services
- Find a mentor and job training programs, open a bank account and more!
100,000 Opportunities Initiative Fair & Forum
Friday, October 30
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Phoenix Convention Center
100 N. Third St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
To register, visit 100KOpportunities.org/phoenix.
Register and Schedule Your Interviews Now!
Participants can pre-schedule up to two interviews online and should plan to dress for success to meet with various employers during the event.
The 100,000 Opportunities Initiative is a coalition of leading U.S.-based companies committed to training and hiring 100,000 Americans between the ages of 16 and 24 who are out of school and not working by 2018. Launched in August of 2015 to create more pathways to economic opportunity for young Americans, the 100,000 Opportunities Initiative aims to be the largest employer-led coalition in the country. The Initiative creates pathways for youth with untapped talent and potential to build skills, gain credentials and employment, and reclaim the American Dream. The 100,000 Opportunities Initiative is an employer-led coalition that will leverage the Aspen Institute’s Forum for Community Solutions. It is supported by many of the country’s youth and opportunity-focused nonprofit organizations, local governments, and participating funders.